20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)

Nimantran-Tarun.Majumdar-700MB.X264.MP3-[DDR]

DDR Presents

Nimantran (1971)
    (A film by Tarun Majumdar)

DVD Rip - 700MB (1 CD) - X.264

You may have to click on the thumbnails to see the pictures in original size.
    Please Read Uploader's Notes Below

Tech Specifications:

Synopsis:
    Hiru (Anup Kumar), a young man who has just completed his school education, comes to visit his aunt in Bakulpur village. He encounters Kumudini (Sandhya Roy), a young girl with an unending joie-de vivre, and is charmed by her. Kumudini responds, but they cannot be married because Hiru, although otherwise eligible, comes from a lower sub-caste.

Hiru goes back to the city, gets a job and tries to find a husband for Kumudini. She thwarts every attempt, determined not to marry. Hiru gives up. His own marriage is a disater, but he becomes a rich and successful businessman. Then after many years his aunt asks him to come to the village again, and he meets Kumudini once more.

Comments:
    Nimantran is one of the best of Tarun Majumdar's films. Its also a typical Tarun majumdar film, with a strong storyline, a good screenplay and some exquisite music. Tarun Majumdar was always a master of filming deeply emotional scenes. In Nimatran he was at his best. There is no high strung scenes, it is all depicted through gentle touches, by gestures, by clever use of dialogue.

Both Sandhya Ray and Anup Kumar give brilliant performances. They are very ably supported be an array of good actors from Bengali cinema. The music is one of the best parts, with two brilliant pieces by Nirmalendu Chowdhury, although Hemanta Mukherjee won the national award for the best male playback singer in 1971- also for Nimantran.

Much of the story line of Nimantran would seem strange today, The world has passed far beyond the 'narrow domestic walls' that existed in the time depicted. Nevertheless this is a film that brings a lump to your throat. It is a film that talks about an era which was at once much more gentle and much more constrictive. Nimantran is a charming film.

Uploader's Notes:
    I am uploading Nimantran both in a 700 MB X.264 format, and a 1/3-DVD DivX format. The quality of ripping is good in both, but the 1400 MB version is far better. The discerning viewer will notice that the 700 MB is somewhat oversharpened and has a lot of 'barrelling'. The audio quality in the 1400MB version is also better.

If bandwidth is not an issue, go for the 1400 MB rip. I have checked both on the large screen, and it is distinctly better.

IMDB Link:
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0237499/

-----------------------
    A Member of the Digital Desi Releasers
    Want to know more about DDR?
    Send me a PM

Deferential
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Nimantran-Tarun.Majumdar-700MB.X264.MP3-[DDR]

Torrent file size showing Zero kb.
    Can u tell me why?

~Inactive Member~

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Nimantran-Tarun.Majumdar-700MB.X264.MP3-[DDR]

Quote Originally Posted by -=[Ishita]=- View Post
    Torrent file size showing Zero kb.
    Can u tell me why?
    I don't know why, but I can assure you it's still a 700MB file, and you can download it...

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2