BT ManiaC
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)

Swami's Vivekananda's Wonderful Speech in Chicago,Sept 27, 1893

Chicago, Sept 27, 1893

In this famous speech, Swami Vivekananda spoke of his vision for an end to violence and fanaticism. His message of the 1800's is as timely and fitting now, in the 2000's, as it was then, over 100 years ago.

Coincidence of dates

Most of us involved in spiritual pursuits know of the many mysterious coincidences that seem to come from time to time. Occasionally, one of these so-called coincidences is so strong as to leave us momentarily speechless. Such a coincidence exists with the date of Swami Vivekananda's message. In the East, the number 108 has been described as having great significance (See the article on the meanings of the number 108). This first message of Swami Vivekananda in America, often said to be a key point of the bridging of Eastern and Western spirituality, and the coming of yoga to the West, was given on September 11, 1893, exactly 108 years, to the day, before the date September 11, 2001, the date of the bombing of the World Trade Center. Whether by coincidence or precognition, it calls out for a closer reading of Swami Vivekananda's message and it's appropriateness for our current times.

Swami Vivekanandas message
    on September 11, 1893:

"Sisters and Brothers of America. [At this moment came the three minute standing ovation from the audience of 7,000] It fills my heart with joy unspeakable to rise in response to the warm and cordial welcome which you have given us. I thank you in name of the most ancient order of monks in the world; I thank you in the name of the mother of religions; and I thank you in the name of millions and millions of Hindu people of all classes and sects.

"My thanks also to some of the speakers on this platform who, referring to the delegates from the Orient, have told you that these men from far-off nations may well claim the honor of bearing to different lands the idea of toleration.

"I am proud to belong to a religion which has taught the world both tolerance and universal acceptance. We believe not only in universal toleration but we accept all religions as true. I am proud to belong to a nation which has sheltered the persecuted and the refugees of all religions and all nations of the earth. I am proud to tell you that we have gathered in our bosom the purest remnant of the Israelites who came to Southern India and took refuge with us in very year in which their holy temple was shattered to pieces by Roman tyranny. I am proud to belong to the religion which has sheltered and is still fostering the remnant of the grand Zoroastrian nation.

"I will quote to you brethren a few lines from a hymn which I remember to have repeated from my earliest childhood, which is every day repeated by millions of human beings: 'As the different streams having their sources in different places all mingle their water in the sea, so, O Lord, the different paths which men take through different tendencies, various though they appear, crooked or straight, all lead to Thee.'

"The present convention, which is one of the most august assemblies ever held, is in itself a vindication, a declaration to the world of the wonderful doctrine preached in the Gita: 'Whosoever comes to me, though whatsoever form, I reach him; all men are struggling through paths which in the end lead to me.'

"Sectarianism, bigotry, and it's horrible descendant, fanaticism, have long possessed this beautiful Earth. They have filled the earth with violence, drenched it often and often with human blood, destroyed civilization, and sent whole nations to despair. Had it not been for these horrible demons, human society would be far more advanced than it is now.

"But their time is come; and I fervently hope that the bell that tolled this morning in honor of this convention may be the death-knell of all fanaticism, of all persecutions with the sword or with the pen, and of all uncharitable feelings between persons wending their way to the same goal."

u can download the whole mp3 and listen the actual voice of our swamiji.

my seeding time ...raat 2 to theke sakal 8 ta

PLZ KEEP SEEDING ALL AFTER DOWNLOADING....

Please dont forget to THANK me,if you like it.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Victory smiles upon those who anticipate the changes in the character of war, not upon those who wait to adapt themselves after they occur .

2. 5 Latest Threads by black hawk

Collapse/Expand

Erudite
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Swami's Vivekananda's Wonderful Speech in Chicago,Sept 27, 1893

Thanks, for showing us the coincidence, but you might have been mistaken about the voice of Swamiji. As far as I know, there is no recorded voice of Swamiji available anywhere, as has been confirmed by Ramakrishna Mission. Attempts in the past have been made to identify the voice of N Viswanathan as that of Swamiji's. But, i am sorry, all those claims have been made futile.

Luminous
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Baul Mon View Post
    Thanks, for showing us the coincidence, but you might have been mistaken about the voice of Swamiji. As far as I know, there is no recorded voice of Swamiji available anywhere, as has been confirmed by Ramakrishna Mission. Attempts in the past have been made to identify the voice of N Viswanathan as that of Swamiji's. But, i am sorry, all those claims have been made futile.
    That's right. I also have the same confirmation that there is no recorded voice of Swamiji from very reliable source of Ramakrishna mission who searched and probed for the same during the speech's centenary celebration.
    However, thanks for your information and effort. It is always a great feeling to hear Swamiji's words (irrespective of voice rendering). :applause:

BT ManiaC
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by samikda View Post
    That's right. I also have the same confirmation that there is no recorded voice of Swamiji from very reliable source of Ramakrishna mission who searched and probed for the same during the speech's centenary celebration.
    However, thanks for your information and effort. It is always a great feeling to hear Swamiji's words (irrespective of voice rendering). :applause:
    due to respect ur post ,truely fried i dont know where do u get news "that there was no voice record of swamiji".but as per best of my knowledge there was a record ..if there was no record available then how ramkrina-mission jayrambati and kamarpukur dare to sells those dvd .i bougt from there ..and that copy aslo recommended by ramkrisnamission authority.....
    dont know what is the actual truth..

"kal g-bangla te dadagiri teo ekta questin chilo je "samijir chicagoer bola voice ta sunie ask kora hoechilo je eta kar voice?..takhan vadrolok swamiji bollen.the DADA bollo right ..eta naki chicago te swamijir se bola kotha"

tahole to okhaneo bhul boleche?????
    Victory smiles upon those who anticipate the changes in the character of war, not upon those who wait to adapt themselves after they occur .

Luminous
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Dear Black Hawk,
    No voice recording of Swami Vivekananda has ever been discovered. Ramkrishna Mission is still serching for the same. One recording was published by Ramkrishna Mission on the centinery year of Swami Vivekananda. The voice was of Famous English professor N. Viswanathan of St. Xaviers college Calcutta. Is it the same recording that you have uploaded?

BT ManiaC
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ncsirkar View Post
    Dear Black Hawk,
    No voice recording of Swami Vivekananda has ever been discovered. Ramkrishna Mission is still serching for the same. One recording was published by Ramkrishna Mission on the centinery year of Swami Vivekananda. The voice was of Famous English professor N. Viswanathan of St. Xaviers college Calcutta. Is it the same recording that you have uploaded?
    i dont have that news frnd....thats why i dont know .actually i bought the cd from ramkrisnamission.thats why i think thats is the most reliable.but here some frnd including u told me the truth....that cd which i bought a yr ego,thats affiliated by ramkrisna-misson and i bought from there store not any local store.
    i still blve that no individual source is better than ramkrismisson.if they cheated with us by selling that type of cds.what can i do being a normal people????

Luminous
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The content of the speech is indeed from "Swami's Vivekananda's Wonderful Speech in Chicago", but the voice is 100% N.Viswanathan.

VeRy HaPPy 2 b DDR RiPpEr

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

sotyi osadharon!!!

Luminous
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

be it His voice or of Mr. N Vishwanathan's as suggested by the friends of this forum, it's a part of history..

thanks

Inquisitive
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for that awesome release.

~Inactive Member~
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With all respect to you Sir, but this speech is not Swamiji's original speech. BBC once confirmed RK Mission that they don't have any recording this kind. Content is same but it is recorded later on.

Luminous
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

black hawk, apni chinta korben na. BT-er seeding-er record break hoye jabe. Onekey seed korben including me. Thanks once again for this wonderful release. :not worthy:

BT ManiaC
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)

yeah,i respect ur valuable post..through ur post now i am confirmed that the speech was not swamiji's orginal speech..i seriously dont know that before.whatever i say totally based on that cd was recommended by ramkrisnamission authority.....

ok thanks frnd for informing me that truth..

and PLZ PLZ FORGIVE ME IF I DID ANY WRONG BY RELEASE THIS ...

Inquisitive
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Re: Swami's Vivekananda's Wonderful Speech in Chicago,Sept 27, 1893

It is absolutely true that the speech which is doing the circulation in the internet is fake. This has been confirmed by Ramkrishna Mission. Only the original voice of Swami Abhedananda Ji is there in the archive.
    Let Truth Prevail.
    It was me also who got bewildered & awed hearing it for the first time many years ago. I appreciate the up-loader's effort for helping in bringing out the truth, as it is very relative.
    It will be better if anyone interested gets hold of the complete collection of Swamiji.

BT Addict

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I was busy for couple of days, so could not notice the esteemed post.
    Long back I had bought the said ACD from Advaita Ashram knowing it fully that it was not the voice of Swami Vivekananda.
    Be sure that there is no recorded voice of Swami Vivekananda, because of the simple reason that the voice recording technique was not most probably invented in those days.
    It is correct that the voice was of Famous English professor N. Viswanathan of St. Xaviers college Calcutta and the recording was published by the Ramkrishna Mission on the centenary year of Swami Vivekananda.
    The speech which is available in the internet for a long time is the same stuff.
    Many devotees of Swami Vivekananda wrongly believe that it is the only available voice recording of Swami Vivekananda as it is sold by the Ramkrishna Mission and its affiliates.
    I really wonder why Ramkrishna Misson has not mentioned on the Inlay or cover of the CD/DVD that the voice belongs to Mr. N. Viswanathan and not of Swami Vivekananda.
    Mr. Black Hawk, like most enthusiastic, posted it for our benefit without knowing the history.
    Kudos to him for his esteemed effort and honest confession.
    My sincere thanks to those gentlemen who correctly pointed out the truth and the truth must prevail.
    Anityadrishyeshu vivichya niytam tasmin samadhatta iha sma leelaya ।
    Vivekavairagyavishuddhachittam yohasou viveki tamahang namami ।।

Luminous
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by black hawk View Post
    due to respect ur post ,truely fried i dont know where do u get news "that there was no voice record of swamiji".but as per best of my knowledge there was a record ..if there was no record available then how ramkrina-mission jayrambati and kamarpukur dare to sells those dvd .i bougt from there ..and that copy aslo recommended by ramkrisnamission authority.....
    dont know what is the actual truth..

"kal g-bangla te dadagiri teo ekta questin chilo je "samijir chicagoer bola voice ta sunie ask kora hoechilo je eta kar voice?..takhan vadrolok swamiji bollen.the DADA bollo right ..eta naki chicago te swamijir se bola kotha"

tahole to okhaneo bhul boleche?????
    I missed all the conversation for a couple of days and in the mean time I hope the sky is clear. Like you, me also grabbed the CD with all interest; however as I was close to Ramakrishna Mission, the truth was revealed soon from the most reliable source (monks who were involved in the centenary publications). I completely agree with 'Ram Sankar' that Ramakrishna Mission should have written this on the inlay card that the voice is someone else's. I also asked the same question to the publishers who explained the matter as some legal complications.
    However, I strongly applause your effort in the release...........(as I said earlier) listning/ reading Swamiji's words in any form recharges our conscience and purifies our mind. Thanks a lot. :thumbs up:

BT Addict

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ei rare release tar jonyo onek dhonyobad :)
    :rose: :good luck: :rose:

Seeding Time: Whenever I'm Online

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

durdanto release:not worthy::not worthy::not worthy:
    Seeding Time:Round the Clock (Generally):wave:

Inquisitive
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thankssssssss.......................osadharon

Hakuna Mata Ta....
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Kono Bitorke Jaachhi na.. ba jaoar moto jogyota amar nei...
    Post aage chokh erie gechhilo.. Simply Asadharon ekta collection e rakhar moto matter.. voice jar e hok.. content ta to paltae ni..
    Sharing is the Best way of Bakup..

Seeding Time - 2:00 AM - 8:00 AM

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last