Welcome to the Bangla Torrents.

User Tag List

Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    505
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    77

    Bangladesh Supreme Commander: General M.A.G. Osmani

    16th February 2006 was the 22nd death anniversary of General M.A.G. Osmani, the supreme commander of Mukti Bahini and Bangladesh Armed Forces during the Bangladesh Liberation War.

    Channel S marked the occasion with a special documentary. I have provided it here for you to enjoy.

    Please note that the dialect of the presentation is SYLHETI. General Osmani was born in a part of Sylhet which has now been named Osmani Nogor.

    Read more about General Osmani in Wikipedia and Banglapedia.
    Attached Files Attached Files


  2. 5 Latest Threads by bromora

    Collapse/Expand

  3. #2
    Retired Mod
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Waterloo,Canada
    Posts
    1,016
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    79
    sylhet thaktey ami Gen. Osmani er bashar khub kache thaktam (5 mins walking distance) and frankly, I used to feel proud for that. Such a great personality,honest and patriote person. Unfortunately we couldnt utilize him after the liberation.

    Sylhet e jarai jaan, mazar ba madhobkundu dekhar pashapashi dui ta place o visit korben pls.Osmani shaheb er basha (at the center of the town and everybody knows the place by name.ekhon musuem.mazar thekey only 7/8 taka ricksha bhara) & onar kobor (Hazrat Shahjalal (R) er mazar er pichoney er graveyard e). Uni ei tuku shomman amader kache paowna oboshshoi.

    bromora bhai,thanks for the release.

  4. #3
    Retired Mod
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    SWEDEN
    Posts
    844
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    79
    bromora nice work man. keep it up.

  5. #4
    ~Inactive Member~
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    82
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    54

    Re: Bangladesh Supreme Commander: General M.A.G. Osmani

    Quote Originally Posted by taposhbhai
    sylhet thaktey ami Gen. Osmani er bashar khub kache thaktam (5 mins walking distance) and frankly, I used to feel proud for that. Such a great personality,honest and patriote person. Unfortunately we couldnt utilize him after the liberation.

    Sylhet e jarai jaan, mazar ba madhobkundu dekhar pashapashi dui ta place o visit korben pls.Osmani shaheb er basha (at the center of the town and everybody knows the place by name.ekhon musuem.mazar thekey only 7/8 taka ricksha bhara) & onar kobor (Hazrat Shahjalal (R) er mazar er pichoney er graveyard e). Uni ei tuku shomman amader kache paowna oboshshoi.

    bromora bhai,thanks for the release.
    Well said brother, very thoughtful of you. May Allah bless than man.:)

  6. #5
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    505
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    77

    Re: Bangladesh Supreme Commander: General M.A.G. Osmani

    Reseeding as requested.

  7. #6
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,411
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    97

    Re: Bangladesh Supreme Commander: General M.A.G. Osmani

    Thank you soooo much bromora! I don't know how could I miss such a great release!!!
    Thanks a lot.

  8. #7
    ~Inactive Member~
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    82
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    54

    Re: Bangladesh Supreme Commander: General M.A.G. Osmani

    Thanks let me download it now. :)

  9. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    214
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Bangladesh Supreme Commander: General M.A.G. Osmani

    General Osmani was truly the Supreme commandar of 71's Liberation war.
    Neither Sheikh Mujib ( was captive in Pakistan for the entire period) nor Major Zia ( his speech did encourage then East pakistanians to fight with all they had).
    Osmani could not be present in the ceremony where Pak army formally accepted their defeat due to a Helicopter problem in Sylhet.

  10. #9
    ~Inactive Member~
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    82
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    54

    Re: Bangladesh Supreme Commander: General M.A.G. Osmani

    The real heroes of Bangladesh are forgotten and not credited. Osmani and countless others like him did not get the recognition in Bangladesh that they derserve.

    I watched the documentary and I was shcked to see the state of his house and museum. Is this how we treat our national heroes?

    I will keep seeding this as people need to know him.

  11. #10
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,411
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    97

    Re: Bangladesh Supreme Commander: General M.A.G. Osmani

    Gen. Osmani’s contribution and life may not be well publicized but he sure remains in people’s heart. When I was a little kid I used to feel very proud (I still do) to share same Birth Month with Gen. Osmani. How did I know about him? My parents told me. They had no connection with this hero apart from witnessing and taking part in same liberation war in 1971. I believe word of mouth publicity is more powerful than any media. We are the people who can do it, we can keep these legends alive in future generation’s mind.



    Quote Originally Posted by Aurthohin
    I will keep seeding this as people need to know him.
    Thanks, this seeding is appreciated. I haven’t watched (couldn’t download yet) this documentary yet.



    Quote Originally Posted by jnathan
    General Osmani was truly the Supreme commandar of 71's Liberation war.
    Neither Sheikh Mujib ( was captive in Pakistan for the entire period) nor Major Zia ( his speech did encourage then East pakistanians to fight with all they had).
    Osmani could not be present in the ceremony where Pak army formally accepted their defeat due to a Helicopter problem in Sylhet.
    Thanks for the info Jnathan. No one ever claimed Sheikh Mujib or Ziaur Rahman as the supreme commander of our liberation war, three of them contributed in different ways to reach the same goal- The Independence.

  12. #11
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    505
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    77

    Re: Bangladesh Supreme Commander: General M.A.G. Osmani

    Just saw on the news that the government is being lobbied to recognise and officially celebrate Gen. Osmani's birth/death in the same manner they do for Major Zia and Sheikh Mujib.

  13. #12
    ~Inactive Member~
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    82
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    54

    Re: Bangladesh Supreme Commander: General M.A.G. Osmani

    Quote Originally Posted by bromora
    Just saw on the news that the government is being lobbied to recognise and officially celebrate Gen. Osmani's birth/death in the same manner they do for Major Zia and Sheikh Mujib.
    He deserves it more than others but we should have one national day for all our national heroes so that too many holidays don't hurt the economy. I am sure the heroes would understand. :)

  14. #13
    ~Inactive Member~
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    38
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    56

    Re: Bangladesh Supreme Commander: General M.A.G. Osmani

    t. Can someone please seed this for A LITTLE

  15. #14
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Delray Beach,FL
    Posts
    1,867
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    115

    Movie Re: Bangladesh Supreme Commander: General M.A.G. Osmani

    Thanks for sharing !:applause::applause:



    Regards
    Babu
    Delray Beach,FL
    :good luck::good luck::good luck::good luck:Long Live BT!:good luck::good luck::good luck::good luck:

 

 

Similar Threads

Thread Forum Posted By Replies Last Post
Bangladesh Cricket TEST History Sports BanglaGuru 5 08-26-2009 01:11 PM
Bangladesh Vs Kenya ICC Trophy 97 Final Sports crackboss 6 08-26-2009 02:13 AM
Bangladesh Cricket ODI History Sports BanglaGuru 5 12-30-2008 10:40 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •